Thursday, November 1, 2007

On going Projects

First I finally finished the Snowmen for the Snow Neighbors Runner. One of the kits from Thimbleberries.

I don't usually buy kits but at the TB club last month the QS had this on sale for half price. Couldn't pass that up. Thought it would be a good Christmas gift for my neighbor.
Course then I had to buy the book with the pattern.
Aren't they cute. There is two of these . One for each end of the runner. Now I have the rest of the fabrics cut and just need to sew them together. There is a large star in the middle. Really like this fabric from the Christmas Street collection.

Then next I wanted to show you how much I had done on the Kentucky Log cabin.

This is the first 4 rows. My porch is just a little over 6 feet wide and that is the width of my design board. The last blocks are pinned on the wallboard and taped to the stone of the side of the house. I'll have to start sewing these together to be sure I keep them in the right order.

Have five more rows to do. This next row has another set of houses, So they take a little longer. I've gotten so I can sew up one of these log cabins in about half an hour. That's when it's great to have my sewing area right off the kitchen. I can get supper and sew at the same time.

The thing that takes the time is cutting these strips and then into the lengths needed.

I've also finally finished machine quilting the flannel quilt I have for my Son and family for Christmas. Have got the binding half way finished . Will get a picture when it is finished. Thanks to Kim.

6 comments:

MARCIE said...

I am catching up on your posts! Your log cabins are wonderful! You have really gotten a lot done!

Jules said...

I really like the layout of your log cabin blocks and the hidden houses. Cute!

Hooray on the machine quilting class. :-)

your favorite niece... ;)

Kairle Oaks said...

Your log cabin blocks look great, Eileen, and the house blocks, too! That'll keep you busy for a few days. LOL!

Pat said...

The blocks look great Eileen. You can see the Friendship star pattern in the light areas now.

You were right. Adding a couple of medium fabrics to the lights give it a lot more interest!
Great job!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Eileen, it's looking just wonderful! I love the pattern that is forming. Which book was this from? I think it may have to come home with me!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Karen said...

I love all your cozy quilts and the beautiful view from your porch. It looks very peaceful.